Wednesday 19 January 2011

What is Paganism?


A pagan religion is defined as any none Abrahamic religion (such as Christianity or Judaism) but when we hear the word pagan in a modern context we think of earth religions. Wicca is probably the most well known earth religion but there are many others such as Druidism and Shamanism. I may probably get a lot of flack for using a lot of terminology that many serious pagans consider “new age” but as it gets my point across in a clear way I hope I can be forgiven.
The new age movement is often frowned upon by the serious pagan community due to the way it spawned the popularisation of earth religions, giving way to many people who do not study and know very, very, little of the true meaning of the faith.
Ok, I've been very serious up until now so it's time to relax with some cake and wine and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment